Donors wishing to pay by check should make checks payable to the Colonial Beach Community Foundation.
IMPORTANT: Put “RADIO” on the memo line to ensure the funds get directed to the station.
Checks can be mailed to:
Colonial Beach Community Foundation
PO Box 375
Colonial Beach VA 22443
Awareness & Fundraising Assistance
There are several other ways we can raise money, and you can help us! Here are some of them explained:
- Face to face ask – It seems simple, but it can be key! Build relationships. Make connections everywhere. Talk to people about the mission of the station and why it’s unique. If you do this, the money will follow, and so will volunteers, more opportunities, more exposure and therefore more relationships and more money.
- Memberships – You’ve seen this before with NPR and PBS. Join us and become a member of the WWER family. Help support local radio.
- Special Events – Promote the station with a booth at special events like the Osprey festival (see face to face above).
- Grant proposals writing – If you are experienced in this, we need YOU! Please get in touch via our volunteer page.
- Underwriting – Underwriting is the contribution of some form of consideration in exchange for recognition in an on-air announcement. We have to be careful that our underwriting announcements don’t cross the line into advertising. The FCC has strict rules about non-commercial stations and underwriting. If you want to underwrite the station or know a person or business who does, we want to hear from you! If you want to help our underwriting director – going out and getting donations from local businesses and organizations, please get in touch via our volunteer page.