WWER accepts requests for Public Service Announcements from non-profit groups to inform residents about events. As a non-commercial station, we are bound by certain FCC rules related to making these announcements. Please fill out this form and send to the email on the form at least 2 weeks in advance.
- You must be a non-profit organization.
- A PSA cannot be a solicitation for funds, or for volunteers to solicit funds.
- You cannot mention prices of any kind. If an event event is free, you can say “open to the public”.
- All language must be ‘value neutral’. We cannot say something is the ‘best’, or ‘delicious’ or any other adjective that is not a simple statement of fact.
- You cannot include a ‘call to action’. Anything that tells the listener to DO something…
- ‘call 555-1234’
- ‘get your tickets today’
- ‘bring lawn chairs and blankets’
The above are all calls to action. They can be reworded to not violate the rules easily:
- ‘More information is available at 555-1234’
- ‘Tickets are available now’
- ‘Lawn chairs and blankets are welcomed’