Public Service Announcements
Public Service Announcements:
WWER will accept requests for Public Service Announcements (PSA) from non-profit organizations to inform residents about upcoming events. We are a non-commercial radio station. The FCC regulates PSA’s. Please complete this form and forward it to [email protected] at least 2 weeks in advance of the event.
Do’s & Don’ts:
- A PSA cannot be a solicitation for funds, or for volunteers to solicit funds.
- You cannot mention prices of any kind. If an event event is free, you can say “open to the public”.
- All language must be ‘value neutral’. We cannot describe something as the ‘best’, or ‘delicious’ or any other similar adjective. It must be a simple statement of fact.
- You cannot include a call to action – anything that tells the listener to do something.
- ‘call 555-1234’
- ‘get your tickets today’
- ‘bring lawn chairs and blankets’
- Rephrase the text to comply with the rules:
- ‘More information is available at 555-1234’
- ‘Tickets are available now’
- ‘We welcome lawn chairs and blankets’