Never a dull moment
Written by Ted Tait on November 4, 2022
I was with a group of friends last night enjoying the beautiful November warm weather we have been having when some visitors strolled by our view of the Potomac River. We invited them to a glass of wine and they started asking us all about Colonial Beach. The theme that came up out of the conversation, is that even when Summer is over, there is always something going on here. Last weekend WWER was at the “Town Hall on Town Hill” event. It was a lot of fun and we met some of our listeners. We even took requests for songs!
Next weekend (Nov. 12), Town Hill will be busy again with the 3rd annual Fallen Heroes BBQ cookoff. Then there is all of the live music and fun events at our various venues every week. Hopefully you already know that you can learn about those in Barry’s on air events announcements, which are also posted on our website. Yes, there is always something to do when you want to get out and do something!
If not, stay in and enjoy the music and programs on WWER! We have our regular lineup of weekend shows this weekend –
- Friday at 9PM – Ted Tait’s Friday Night Dance Party. 80’s & 90’s pop and dance tunes.
- Saturday at 7PM – Ken Carpenter’s Grooveyard. 50’s & 60’s tunes.
- Sunday at 5PM – Craig Jennings’ Beach Breeze and Grooves. Carolina Beach Music.
- Sunday at 7PM – Dave Tucker’s Early Jazz Music Review. 1920’s jazz and ragtime.
- Sunday at 9PM – Bill Calder’s Collection. A bit of everything.
In between, our fun weekend ‘beach mix’ of tunes.
Lastly, a couple of reminders for you –
- Sunday at 2AM Daylight Savings time ends. Be sure to reset your clocks!
- Tuesday is election day! If you haven’t already, be sure to make time to VOTE! If you’re interested in learning more about our Town Council candidates, the WWER recording of the candidate forum is available online in our archive, as well as our meet the candidates interviews.
- For a full listing of everything going on in November see the Visit CBVA Facebook post – https://www.facebook.com/visitcbva/posts/673125901069036